Equipment Technician - Mechanic
Location: Three Rivers, MI
Salary: $18.00-$30.00 per hour
The Mechanic is one of the most important and relied on positions within American Arbor, LLC. Our secret sauce is utilizing some of the world’s best equipment to obtain unparalleled production and safety. To achieve this, all trucks and equipment must be always in top-notch condition.
● The Mechanic is one of the most important and relied on positions within American Arbor, LLC. Our secret sauce is utilizing some of the world’s best equipment to obtain unparalleled production and safety. To achieve this, all trucks and equipment must be in top-notch condition.
● Our Mechanic will generally lead in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of various truck and trailer equipment. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: clutches, PTO Systems, electric systems, hydraulic/air brake systems, heating/air conditioning systems, instruments and gauges, and preventative maintenance services.
● As our mechanic, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the company’s equipment. It is required that all trucks and equipment is in top-notch condition and will meet all manufacturer, DOT, ANSI, and MIOSHA requirements. All equipment will be kept clean and appear to look like new. You will also be responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the shop and equipment.
● Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of: engines (gas and diesel), power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, driveshaft’s, PTO’s and wheel ends, electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, steering systems, electronics to include ECM’s, ECU’s, sensors, etc., engine bolt-on items such as turbos, fun clutches, injectors, cooling system, etc., brake systems including ABS, suspension systems (spring and air).
● Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment
● Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
● Perform all levels of preventative maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
● Identify warrantable repairs and document
● Maintain work area appearance and safety
● Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
● Class A CDL –or has 90 days to acquire
● Good Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
● A professional appearance and attitude
● Good communication skills
● Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
● Willingness to further knowledge and grow within the company
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
● Compensation starts at $18-$30/hr depending on qualifications
● “Cadillac Health Insurance” Plan
● Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
● Full-time, year-round position
● Holiday, sick, and vacation paid time off
● Flexible working hours
● Relaxed working environment
● Paid entry, travel, and lodging to training events
Back to Job Listings