Roving Utility Forester
Please Apply at: https://acrt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ACRT_Careers/job/Jacksonville-FL/Roving-Utility-Forester_R2187-1
ACRT, Inc. is the largest and most trusted independent UVM consulting and training company in the nation, and we’re growing! We are seeking new Ready Force employees- also known as Roving Utility Foresters to begin work in the Eastern United States immediately. Ready Force employees work on short-term projects, quick start-ups, storm work, or simply fill in for positions on contracts across the country.
Our Roving Utility Forester position is ideal for candidates with a background in forestry, arboriculture, horticulture, environmental studies and natural resources, or a related discipline. Experience and willingness to work outdoors in all weather and dynamic terrain is a must.
As a roving forester, you will be responsible for:
- Performing identification and inspection of trees along utility lines
- Documenting work using handheld computers and GIS integrated software
- Serving as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers to balance safety, budgetary, and community relation concerns
- The safety of yourself and your team. Safety is the most important focus of ACRT
- 2 year degree in forestry, horticulture, environmental science or closely related field OR in lieu of a degree, 2 years of experience in Utility Vegetation Management or other related field (Ex. general Right-of-Way management, Integrated Vegetation Management, nursery work or timber cutting, etc.)
- Strong tree identification is a preferred skill.
- Experience in utility vegetation management preferred
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred but not required
- Pesticide certification preferred but not required
- Candidate must be able to travel extensively- 6 to 8 weeks at a time.
- Company-paid travel
- Valid Driver License required
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred
- Candidate must be self-motivated, show strong organization skills, and be production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
Why work for ACRT:
- ACRT, Inc. is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Full Time Position
- Overtime Available
- Company-Paid Travel with Diems
ACRT offers excellent benefits including:
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card
- Per Diem Food Allowance
- Boot Allowance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings