Consulting Utility Forester II
Location: Tilton, NH
Click to Apply
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Consulting Utility Forester position is ideal for entry level and seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- Two-year forestry degree or equivalent OR high school diploma plus two years of UVM experience
- Vegetation management experience preferred
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware
- Should have comprehensive working knowledge of line/circuit maps and layouts
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Proven knowledge of and ability to perform line clearance crew safety and performance audits.
- Should have working knowledge and understanding of customer specification for local line clearance tree work and brush control.
- Should be able to relate proper tree pruning methods and customer specifications on tree and brush control line clearing with difficult customers.
- Should have comprehensive knowledge of overhead distribution, sub-transmission and transmission electrical hardware and components as appropriate to position:
- Transmission Foresters should have proven working knowledge of FERC, NERC, FAC-003-4, and any environmental concerns
- Distribution Foresters should have proven working knowledge of overhead distribution components, state laws and regulations related to Vegetation Management operations
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Shall successfully complete the International Society of Arboriculture’s testing and requirements as a Certified Arborist. *if candidate doesn’t meet the ISA’s exam qualification criteria and can obtain the State of employments Arborist Certification, this can serve in lieu of the ISA Certification until those requirements are met.
- Familiar with the working knowledge of tree warden, scenic road R.S.A. designation and other tree-related rules and regulations
- Knowledge of EVERSOURCE computer hardware and software including completion of formal Outage Management System (OMS) training.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license required
- Group life insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company vehicle/fuel card for work-related and commuting purposes
- Boot allowance program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
4500 Courthouse Boulevard, Suite 150
Stow, Ohio 44224
Back to Job Listings