Consulting Utility Forester
Location: San Ramon, CA
Consulting Utility Forester – Pre-Inspector/Work Planner
Atlas Field Services (AFS) is currently seeking a Consulting Utility Forester/Pre-Inspector to join our team as a fulltime employee. This position will directly contribute to providing a more reliable power delivery system while proactively participating in vegetation management for wildfire prevention. This role is ideal for entry-level professionals looking to gain experience in the vegetation management/forestry industry, or for seasoned vegetation managers looking to contribute within a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform pre-inspection in advance of tree-trimming work and document information for client’s vegetation management program
- Audit tree contractor's work for compliance with client specifications and needs
- Communicate daily with the client, contractors, landowners, and Atlas management
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations
- Assist in storm and other emergency situations
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- ISA Certification is preferred
- Experience in Forestry, Arboriculture or Horticulture is required
- Must possess tree identification skills and the ability to read maps
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
- Must have basic computer skills
- Certified Tree Safety Professional (CTSP) is a plus
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus
- Current First-aid and CPR certification
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
AFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What we offer:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Vehicle allowance
- Meal allowance
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
Back to Job Listings