Line clearance trimmer
Location: Nashville, TN
- Trim and/or remove trees by climbing with the aid of a ladder, safety belt, climbing line or powered trimmer lift truck, or work from the ground using saws/pruners.
- Cut branches or trunk sections and drops or lowers them to the ground with lines.
- Use appropriate tools to will fell trees or trimmed trunks and split them into manageable pieces.
- Spray stumps and brush with hand-spraying equipment to prevent further growth.
- Load and unload trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris and/or feed brush into a wood chipper.
- Repair light damage to lawns, fences, and walks caused by tree trimming.
- Relay hand-signals, direct traffic, drive and operates trucks and equipment as assigned.
- Keep trucks and work area clear and orderly.
- Train new employees on proper procedures.
- Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around work area. Cooperate with customers, police, and fire departments when blocking street or driveways. Set up barriers, warning signs, flags, etc. to protect employees as well as the public. Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Assume responsibility for the inspection and proper working conditions of tools, trucks, and other work equipment. Request repair or replacement of equipment when necessary.
- Work around hazardous equipment and in close proximity to energized power lines.
- Work around excessive noise from machines, chainsaws, wood chipper and must wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- May work on rough terrain.
- Help enforce on-the-job safety practices for crew members.
- Service truck, chipper, and equipment; maintaining them in a neat, clean, and specified mechanical order. Report the need for equipment and truck maintenance to Crew Foreman or General Foreman.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Back to Job Listings