Consulting Forester - Distribution ROW
Location: Hadley, MA
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ACR1001ACRT/JobBoard/12e9021d-26c8-4a8f-9c03-945785ed11a1/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ba419d1c-4530-4524-8299-473bd8cc988e
ACRT has a new opportunity in Massachusetts to join our existing team. We are responsible for identifying hazardous trees within the Distribution ROW, along with other aspects of our client’s overall vegetation management program. ACRT has consistently expanded in the Northeast and needs motivated people to grow with us. If great benefits, career development opportunities, and a safety first company interest you, apply today.
Consulting Utility Foresters will be expected to inspect, identify, and evaluate hazardous trees along utility rights-of-way over large areas in a company vehicle and on foot patrols. Serving as a liaison between the utility, their customers and the contractors on the system, the forester will catalog the trees and be responsible for the notification of intended operations to customers. Educating our client’s customers of the program and the ability to obtain permission for future planned work is a necessary skill.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, or closely related fields
- Strong tree identification of Eastern US species is a preferred skill.
- Experience in utility vegetation management preferred
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred
- Candidate must be self-motivated, show strong organization skills, and be production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred
- Utility Specialist preferred
- Pesticide certification preferred
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license required
- Full-time position
- ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR company!
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
- ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families, including:
- Group life insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company vehicle and fuel card for work-related and commuting purposes
- Boot allowance program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Back to Job Listings