LANDSCAPE CREW LEADER
Location: Charlottesville, VA
James River Grounds Management, an Aspen Grove Company, offers the full package of landscape-related services. With the resources to combine landscape design/installation and the accompanying maintenance services, we offer you greater flexibility and cohesiveness at a more cost-effective price than if you were dealing with individual contractors. Our core offering is to effectively manage the full landscape program so that property managers can rest easier knowing that one of their most expensive assets is being managed properly. We understand that our clients have limited time for site visits and coordination of contractors. Through pro-active communication, attention to detail and customer centered focus, we achieve an effective and meaningful partnership with our clients.
Position Description - Crew Leader:
The Crew Leader is responsible for directly supervising a crew while on the job site and ensuring the crew works safely and efficiently while delivering quality jobs on time. This position is responsible for developing and training crew members, planning, assigning and directing work, managing and maintaining material and equipment, and addressing and resolving customer issues. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Work with management to create schedules and follow job specifications, including materials and timelines.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Ensures contractual obligations are fulfilled in a manner that is in line with proper horticultural practices.
- Complies with equipment preventative maintenance program.
- Inspects each job site weekly and maintains punch lists given by manager while on site.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes, efficiency, and quality.
- Communicates with onsite clients as outlined in communication plan.
- Responds properly to the client’s requests; follows up to make sure their needs have been met.
- Keeps manager aware of all client concerns and communication on the job site.
- Maintains safe working conditions on job site at all times; follows and implements all company safety guidelines.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of professional landscape maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current State Technician and/or Applicator license preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of irrigation systems.
- General knowledge of horticultural and maintenance practices.
Skills & Abilities Qualifications:
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English; bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- Ability to train others and exercise leadership skills.
- Demonstrates dependability; consistently at work and on time, responds to management direction and commits to the required hours for job completion that will vary based on weather/season.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to solve conflict while keeping emotions under control.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct a team in a manner that uses time efficiently.
- Has the aptitude to identify and act on opportunities to help and support work efforts of the team.
- Can safely operate and maintain all equipment used for landscape maintenance.
- Valid State Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts.
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including cold, heat, temperature swings.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection.
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain.
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- May be exposed to fumes/odors, dust/mites, chemical and/or waste hazards.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals.
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground.
- Must have the ability and endurance to perform tasks for at least 8-hour periods.
- Must understand and demonstrate proper safety procedures, abiding by all OSHA regulations, with the ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
>>>>>Apply today: http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/444768?
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Rarely: Climbing poles, color vision.
Occasionally: Sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting up to 50lbs.
Frequently: Stooping, squatting, sense of touch, climbing on/off truck, gripping, reaching, range of motion, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, lifting over 10lbs to 50lbs.
Continuously: Standing, walking, body twisting, manual dexterity, speaking clearly, seeing distant, seeing, reading, hearing – speech range, lifting up to 10lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
Charlottesville , Virginia 22901
Back to Job Listings