Bucket Operator with CDL
Location: Allentown, PA
~ Do you love essential, physical work outside? ~
~ Are you fearless (but safe) when it comes to heights? ~
~ Do you want to work for a rewarding company that focuses on safety? ~
If you answered 'Yes' to all three of the above, keep on reading...
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient and innovative line clearance services to the utility industry. At Asplundh, your contributions are essential for restoring power to communities by being a part of a team that helps to keep electricity flowing after disaster strikes.
Asplundh promotes an environment of compassion, empowerment, transparency, inclusion and respect. We enjoy a family-like culture, working in nature, and working responsibly with dangerous equipment. We problem-solve as a flexible team and are always ready to learn and grow with the Company.
We expect active, constructive employee engagement for the betterment of the team, and the company commits to continual employee development. We offer a “Safety First” culture, industry-leading training and equipment, career advancement opportunities across the country, job stability no matter the economic climate, and competitive benefits. Join the family and experience the stability and satisfaction of a career with Asplundh.
Day-to-Day Work We Do In This Role That Helps Keep Electricity Flowing! (Primary Responsibilities):
- In this job you will be focused on clearing and trimming trees and brush away from utility lines while doing safe, high quality and efficient work. It is important to note that you will be safely operating the bucket near energized power lines.
- Removal of branches and tree material and clean up and disposal of all debris.
- Operating and services equipment, such as gasoline, hydraulic tools, power saws, power winches, bucket, chipper, and sprayers.
- Using hand-tools, such as axes, hand-lines, saws, block and tackle, pruners, etc.
- You will also be working with a team to plan, assign, direct, check, and coordinate safe and effective work.
- Ability to safely, effectively, and efficiently perform tree and bucket rescue.
- People doing this job also obtain written or oral permission from property owners to trim or remove trees or perform other work on property and arrange with the customer or property owner to obtain access, advises of interruption, explains work to be done, etc.
- We will also have you promoting and maintaining good customer and public relations through the effective accomplishment of assigned work and the appropriate behavior of employees on the crew.
- Safeguarding employees, yourself and the public from hazards in and around work area including working in traffic and near energized parts or equipment.
- Cooperating with customers, police, and fire departments when blocking street or driveways and setting up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public.
- Performing other related work, as assigned by leadership.
You Will Need To Have (Minimum Requirements):
- Must be willing to join IBEW Local Union 126.
- 2+ years of experience in the tree trimming industry.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Possesses working knowledge that allows you to identify tree and shrub species and to select and effectively and safely use herbicides when spraying brush and stumps.
- Effectively communicates with others, with the ability to read and/or comprehend written and verbal instructions/information. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Organized, hardworking, safety conscious, punctual, leads by example, self-motivated, honest, and customer service-driven.
- Safely and efficiently use machines, tools, equipment, and work aides as required. This includes sprayers, chainsaws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools.
- Accountable; demonstrates dependability in attendance and timeliness, and carefully follows directions and instructions provided.
- Is solution-oriented with the ability to apply feedback to improve performance.
- Able to safely work alone and display quality and thoroughness in work product.
- Team-focused; exhibits objectivity and openness to others, mitigates conflict and keeps emotions under control.
- Able to help train new personnel on how to work safely and efficiently.
- Maintains a positive, responsive and flexible attitude.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass a background check and MVR.
- Must have a valid CDL and MED card.
We Work Safe (Environmental Considerations):
We want to stress that because of our safety focus, and due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. These are highly physical jobs, for which we want to be clear with you about the physical requirements.
- Works safely around hazardous equipment including around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, wood chipper, with hearing protection.
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, gas drills and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- Enters and exits a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Able and willing to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold while standing and moving for extended periods of time.
- Safely and efficiently uses machines, tools, equipment, and work aides including sprayers, chainsaws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools.
- Maintains awareness of how to work safely around high voltage electrical hazards and power equipment, traffic and falling limbs.
- Maintains attention and concentration during dangerous tasks and while using equipment for extended periods of time.
- Wears necessary Personal Protective Equipment as per task assigned and maintains a professional appearance at all times while abiding by the uniform code.
- Walks, climbs, and works from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces.
- Operates and services all required tools and equipment and have good hand-to-eye coordination.
- The endurance and flexibility to work long hours and overtime (a standard 8hr to 10hr day) during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. including having your hands above your head for long periods.
You Will Need To (Physical Requirements):
Rarely (less than 10%): Includes kneeling, crawling, sitting, climbing stairs, the use of color vision.
Occasionally (up to 33% of the time): Stooping, squatting, pushing, climbing ladders, climbing on and off trucks, reading, and lifting up to 50lbs.
Frequently (up to 66% of the time): Walking, heading, speaking clearly over a wide range of distances, manual dexterity, twisting, carrying, pulling, balancing, and lifting up to 10lbs.
Continuously (67%-100% of the time): Standing, having a Range of Motion, using your vision (seeing), depth perception, seeing far away (distant) objects, reaching, climbing, gripping, sense of touch, and lifting 10-50lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Allentown, Pennsylvania 18106
Back to Job Listings