Location: Suffolk, VA
Lucas Tree Experts, a leader in the tree care industry, is looking for a Supervisor to join our Management Team in Suffolk, VA. Strong supervisory background is required.
This is a year round, full time, outdoor, physical labor opportunity. Duties include: supervising personnel in the various company operations to secure and maintain business to the satisfaction of company management; supervise assigned crews, direct and performs activities related to tree work for utility and private customers; able to work with various community members and home owners to ensure proper work is completed and all parties are satisfied.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have at least 2 years supervising tree crews and associated crew operations.
- Must be able to plan work and ensure crews follow that plan.
- Must be able to work well with others and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to understand P & L statements.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently.
- Must have strong management, organizational, and people skills.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work outside in various types of weather.
- Must be physically able to perform the requirements of the position.
- Must be able to travel as needed for the position.
- Must be familiar with technology (i.e. smart phones, computers) and have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to create estimates for the purpose of bidding on new jobs and ensures good public relations at all times.
- Must be able to develop new accounts and maintains existing customers as well as investigate & solve complaints.
- Must have or be willing and able to obtain, and maintain licenses & certifications (Pesticide, Arborist, CDL) as required by the position in order to grow your career (this is paid for by Lucas Tree Experts).
- Must obtain CTSP within the first year of hire.
- Aerial Lift experience.
- Must be able to successfully complete a post offer physical & drug screen as well as a background and motor vehicle check.
Successful professionals at Lucas Tree Experts have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: Utility Line Clearance, Arboriculture, Field Operations Management, Supervisor, Environmental Studies, Horticulture, Arborist, Vegetation Management, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Storm Restoration, and Landscape Maintenance.
Lucas Tree Experts offers paid, hands-on, on the job training, paid educational courses for advancement in the industry. We also offer safety and bonus incentive programs & a complete benefits package. Come work for a company that offers advancement opportunities and a great quality of work life. To apply for this position, click the button at the bottom of this page to access the application.
*Please Note: Correspondence will be primarily via e-mail. Please provide us with a working e-mail on your application.
Back to Job Listings