ISA presents a new educational resource for arborists: a self-paced, highly interactive series of CDs to supplement the certification study guide. Multiple students can use these CDs to prepare for the certification exam, obtain CEU credits, and upgrade their knowledge and skills. The lessons are designed for adult learners who cannot attend formal classes and nontraditional learners who respond best to visual, auditory, and hands-on teaching methods.
• Instructional strategies that simulate job tasks and promote learning transfer.
• A high level of interactivity.
• Self-paced instruction.
• Emphasis on visuals, including other graphics.
• Digital audio that enhances text.
• Intuitive navigation with clear orientation titles.
• A system of instant feedback that engages the learner.
• Quiz questions that simulate certification tests and lead to mastery of learning objectives.
• Glossary of key terms with definitions and pronunciations.
The Soil & Water CD has an essential overview of the key roles soil and water play in the development and continued health of trees. This CD explains the relationship between tree root systems and soils; provides valuable insight into the effects of water availability in the root zone; and discusses successful irrigation practices. (©2008)
Earn 4 CEUs* (A,T, U, M, Bs)
*These CEU credits may be submitted only once during the life of your certification.
Recommended System Requirements:
Windows XP, Vista, Intel® or AMD™ processor at 100MHz, 800 x 600, 16-bit color screen resolution, 32 MB hard drive space, PC only.
Test drive a demo today!
• Classify soil texture according to sand, soil, and clay content.
• Discover what has the greatest effect on soil compaction.
• Create “hydrozones” by grouping plants with similar water needs within a landscape.
• *If you prefer educational online learning, try the CD in this format at our Online Learning Center.