Benefits of Obtaining an ISA Certification Credential
The tree care profession has experienced rapid growth over the past decade and there is a significant amount of knowledge required to perform at the highest level. ISA credentials help consumers identify qualified, knowledgeable tree care professionals.
Earning a credential is a voluntary activity, but it demonstrates that you have the proper knowledge and skills, as well as a high level of dedication to your profession and your community. ISA Certified Arborists understand the importance of continued education and how it helps to make the world be a better place, one tree at a time.
The Value of an ISA Credential
ISA credentials are valued and trusted because they let consumers know that you possess a high degree of knowledge about caring for and maintaining trees. When developing an exam, a panel of subject matter experts from around the world completes a job task analysis, and then writes an exam that encompasses the defined skills. ISA credentials build expert knowledge and reflect the professional skills sought by leaders from the public and private sectors, including training, academia and government organizations.
Benefits of Certification
Earning an ISA credential has many benefits. A few of the major benefits are listed below.
- Certification builds an individual’s self-image. By studying for and passing the exam, individuals reaffirm to themselves and their peers a thorough knowledge and dedication to arboriculture.
- Certification affords the public and those in government the opportunity to make an informed selection of services based on the knowledge and advanced training demonstrated by an ISA Certification.
- The process of becoming ISA Certified and maintaining the designation provides incentives to the individual to continue his or her ongoing professional development.
- Certification is a tool to help employers in both training their personnel and selecting new employees.
- Holding an ISA credential can lead to an increase in income and promote new opportunities in professional advancement.
- Certification is a tool used to set oneself apart from the competition and gain a competitive edge in today’s economy.
- Certifications, sometime more than price, can be a deciding factor when multiple individuals bid for the same job. If you want the job done right, hire the right people!