ISA Committees and Committee Chairs
Each committee at ISA has a special focus and is comprised of members who have special expertise or talent in that particular area of focus. To learn more about any of these committees, contact the committee chair listed.
Annual Conference Program Committee
- Purpose: Planning and implementation of annual conference educational program
- Chair: Andrew Koeser, University of Florida Gulf Coast Research and Education Center, Wimauma, Florida U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.813.633.4150
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry (AUF) Editorial Board
- Purpose: Provides review for content of scientific journal
- Chair: Jason Grabosky, Rutgers University, New Bruswick, New Jersey U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.732.932.9236
Arborist News Editorial Board
- Purpose: Provides review for content of periodical
- Chair: Amy Theobald, International Society of Arboriculture, Champaign, Illinois U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: 1.888.472.8733 Ext. 214
- Purpose: Solicitation of nominations and recommendation to the Board for award finalists
- Chair: Lauren Lanphear, Forest City Tree Protection Co Inc, S. Euclid, Ohio U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.216.381.1700
Best Management Practices Committee
- Purpose: Provides input for revision and maintenance of the ANSI A300 standards and develops Best Management Practices
- Chair: Tom Smiley, Bartlett Tree Research Lab, Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.704.588.1150 ext 123
- Purpose: Provides management and oversight for ISA certification programs and related policies
- Chair: Skip Kincaid, Davey Resource Group, St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.217.355.9411
Conference and Events
- Purpose: Provide strategic direction and support to ISA for all events
- Chair:Lindsey Purcell, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.765.494.3625
Educational Goods and Services Committee
- Purpose: Supports development of educational programs and products
- Chair:Dave Scharfenberger, Wachtel Tree Service, Hartford, Wisconsin U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.414.333.3522
- Purpose: Provides oversight for financial matters
- Chair: Michael Marshall, Marshall Tree Farm, Morriston, Florida U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.352.528.3880
Governance and Bylaws Committee
- Purpose: Provides maintenance and monitoring of ISA Governance Documents
- Chair: Michelle Mitchell, Oakland Community College, Lapeer, Michigan U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.810.441.5522
- Purpose: Support for needs and concerns of the Hispanic sector of the profession
- Chair: de Gourét Litchfield, Svensk TrädVård & Utbildning AB, Sweden
- Contact: E-mail
International Safety Committee
- Purpose: Serves as an international forum and resource for arboriculture safety research and education
- Chair: Tim Walsh, Davey Tree Expert Company, Kent, Ohio U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.330.673.8409
International Tree Climbing Championship Committee
- Purpose: Provides development, maintenance, and operations support for the ISA International Tree Climbing Championship program
- Chair: Eduardo Medina, Davey Tree Expert Co., Chicago, Illinois U.S.A
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.773.791.4466
- Purpose: Support the development of membership programs for services, recruiting, and retention
- Chair: Ian Scott, Davey Resource Group, Shoreline, Washington U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.206.714.3147
Nominating and Elections Committee
- Purpose: Solicitation and review of nominees for ISA volunteer leadership positions; oversight of ISA elections
- Chair: Dana Karcher, Davey Resource Group, Bakersfield, CA
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.661.964.7158
Plant Appraisal and Valuation Committee
- Purpose: Addresses appraisal and valuation issues for the ISA membership and serves as ISA’s review committee for CTLA
- Chair: Joe McNeil, Pleasant Hill, California U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.925.676.5232
Public Relations and Marketing Committee
- Purpose: Supports public outreach, partnerships, and promotion of ISA products and programs
- Chair: Jill Johnson, U.S. Forest Service, Saint Paul, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.651.649.5253
Science and Research Committee
- Purpose: Foster exchange among the research community and professionals, and identify important new opportunities for science and research
- Chair: Gary Johnson, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.
- Contact: E-mail, Phone: +1.612.625.3765