Arborist / Parks
Location: Franklin, TN
Salary: $1,873.19 - $2,644.54 / Bi-weekly
CITY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE
Invites applications for the position of:
ARBORIST / PARKS
Apply on-line at: www.franklintn.gov/jobs Deadline to apply:12/28/2018
SALARY: $1,873.19 - $2,644.54/Bi-weekly
Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the long-term care and management of City trees. Responsible for developing, administrating, and monitoring programs and policies with City’s tree and landscape.
Essential Job Duties
• Consults with landscape architect, builders, contractors, and developers to promote tree preservation in the preparation of construction plans and coordinates with City and commercial field inspectors to ensure project completion in accordance with plan specifications and acceptable tree protection during construction.
• Serves as a consultant to homeowners, developers, architects, and other city staff on landscaping and tree preservation issues.
• Writes warning letters and issues citations, in coordination with the Codes Administration Department, to developers and homeowners as necessary.
Tree maintenance and safety training
• Receives and investigates tree complaints; conducts field inspections of work completed and identifies problems with trees that require attention; conducts park tree inspections within the entire park system; ensures staff compliance with proper work methods consistent with the City’s policies and OSHA regulations.
• Participates in the selection of staff; provides or coordinates staff safety training and skill enhancement training.
• Supervises activities of crews.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through obtaining a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university, plus two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist
A Tennessee Department of Agriculture Certified Pesticide Applicators License for C03 is required for this job. (Must be obtained within 6 months)
TN Driver’s License CDL
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
109 3rd ave. south
Franklin, Tennessee 37064
Back to Job Listings