Location: Columbia SC
TREE TRIMMER - FORESTRY & BEAUTIFICATION
$28,866.01 - 36,058.27
This position performs skilled and semi-skilled work involved in pruning and removing trees in City rights-of-way and on other City properties; and performs other work as required. This class works according to some procedures but decides how or when to do things; work is reviewed regularly by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prunes or removes trees in City rights-of-way and on other properties as directed;
- Drives and operates trucks and bucket truck; operates specialized tree felling equipment, small and large chain saws, wood chippers stump grinders and other tools and equipment as necessary to complete assigned duties;
- Loads / unloads materials onto vehicles;
- Cleans and removes debris from work sites;
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working condition; reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor;
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of assigned tools and equipment;
- Assists in providing instruction and leadership of lower-level crew members as assigned;
- Performs all work in compliance with all policies and procedures and standards of quality and safety;
- Attends training as required to enhance job knowledge and skills; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED;
- Six (6) months relevant prior work experience;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License;
- Be able to obtain South Carolina Class “B” Driver’s License within one (1) year from the date of hire or promotion.
The work is considered heavy in nature and involves constantly lifting, pushing or raising objects, exerting between 50 and 75 pounds of force on a recurring basis and over 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
Back to Job Listings